CodeAssist is an AI assistant / chatbot / copilot for programming. It generates, changes, completes the code and answers questions.
IMPORTANT INFO: It uses GPT-4 now.
After installing, you can open it by clicking “CodeAssist” tab in the bottom-right corner.
- It has a natural language interface, so you can talk to it like you talk to a human.
- It can see your code and make changes in the file that is open in the editor.
- It can complete the code in the editor (ALT+X shortcut), without hiding the standard IDE completions. The generated code is consistent with code in other files.
- It can execute actions like: opening files.
- It has long-term memory (might not be perfect).
- It works with all popular programming languages.
Please keep in mind that it doesn’t always generate correct code.
CodeAssist doesn’t work offline, it sends the code to the server. You can learn more about how the code is processed on the CodeAssist website (“FAQ” section).
CodeAssist is paid, but you can try it for free. Once you have used your free credits, you will need to buy credits to continue to use CodeAssist.